The Weather ChannelPublisher: The Weather Channel.
Make confident decisions based on the world’s most popular weather app.
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Get hourly and 15-day forecasts in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
• Current Weather Conditions: More than temperatures, get “feels like” weather, humidity, dew point, sunrise, sunset, moon phases, wind speed, UV index, visibility and barometric pressure.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar. Map layers show rainfall, snowfall, road or satellite views, wind speeds, and more.
PERSONALIZED REAL-TIME WEATHER ALERTS
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with National Weather Service notifications of severe weather, and know the moment tornado or severe storm watches and warnings are issued.
• Breaking News Alerts: Keep informed with national weather news updates.
• Lightning Alerts: Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning strikes near you.
• Rain and Snow Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning rain reports for your favorite locations.
• Pollen Alerts: Know the pollen counts near you.
It’s easy and free! Unlock these alerts by selecting “create account” in your settings menu, under “account.”
DIVE DEEP INTO YOUR WEATHER
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up-to-date.
• Weather Videos: Local forecasts, climate change news, and everything in between, all streamed in HD.
• Live Tiles: Get your current conditions and the high/low temperatures for your favorite locations in a glance.
• Health Information: Track pollen levels and get flu reports (when available).
• Airport Weather: Know how weather will impact your flights with our airport arrival and departure data.
• Sleek Interface: Easy to use and beautiful in its simplicity.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Love all Devices: The world’s most downloaded news & weather app is optimized for all Windows devices.
CORTANA CAN HELP
Simply activate Cortana (by saying “Hey, Cortana”) and say or type “Show me,” followed by your question. For example, you could say “Hey, Cortana! “Show me”, when will it rain?” to learn when it will rain in your precise location.
For a complete list of available commands for The Weather Channel app, check out the Cortana section in your settings menu.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA:
Find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love when you provide us with feedback. If you love our weather app, please review and rate us in the Microsoft Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to feedback.weather.com.
People also like
I prefer older versions with temperature in Start Up by Nancy
I am obsessive about having a weather program open. I check it multiple times a day. The new version does not have the temperature in the start up (which I loved) which means I have to go into the programs, open up the app, look, close it (then repeat multiple times a day). If that little thing could be fixed, I would really like the program.
Updated and works great on Windows 10 by JadeSage
Everything you could want in a weather app and much more. Alerts, multiple locations, weather-related news, and hourly/daily forecasts. If your ISP is located in another city, you can even disable the current location setting and it will correctly save it.
Room for improvment by Jeffrey
Good popular app. Needs transparent live tile and pay option to rid ads. UPDATE Jan 2016: broken large live tile. Doesn't work. Intrusive ads
The Weather Channel by Charlotte
I like to listen to the Weather Channel on TV and I like app on my computer. I like to read the news on the app. I like to tune in to the temperature on the app because it is quicker. I like the map on the app. I like it because I have it on my cell too. I can look it when I'm on go.
Windows 10 Version better than Windows 8.1 app by Tom
The Windows 10 version is greatly improved over the Windows 8.1 version. Ads are smaller and less obtrusive than the ones in Windows 8.1. I was using the Windows Weather app but as long as TWC doesn't screw around with the ads and their placement, I will use this app. The Windows 8.1 version still sucks. My rating is for this version only.
No taskbar icon ... by MICHAEL
I like the new features in the app, but the most useful part of the app is in the taskbar, allowing for easy spotting of the temperature and if there are any alerts or warnings. You should at least have the taskbar icon as an option for users if they'd like this particular feature enabled. I have to run WeatherBug to see the temperature in the taskbar. I hope that you'll consider adding this functionality back in for future releases.
The Weather Channel. The day's top weather stories and expert insights from that most trusted source on weather.. 8.3M likes.
View weather maps showing these latest US locations with precipitation and these speed of these precipitation..
Today's and tonight's Knoxville, TN weather forecast, weather conditions and Doppler radar from The Weather Channel and Weather.com..
Stay informed together with reliable forecasts, interactive radar and real-time rain alerts, backed by your most trusted name within weather -- The Weather Channel. It's your app .
Be prepared with the actual most accurate 10-day forecast for Townsend, TN (37882) with the highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The Weather Channel and .
Be prepared with all the most accurate 10-day forecast for Maryville, TN (37801) along with highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The Weather Channel and .
The Weather Channel and weather.com provide a national and local weather forecast for cities, as well as weather radar, report and hurricane coverage..
Mark. Kelly Cass. Our Personalities. Stephanie Abrams. On-Camera Meteorologist and Co-Host, "AMHQ" Mike Bettes. On-Camera Meteorologist and Co-Host, "AMHQ" Jen Carfagno. On-Camera Meteorologist and Host, "Weather Underground" Liana Brackett. Chris Bruin. On-Camera Meteorologist. Jim Cantore. On-Camera Meteorologist.